FreshZen Easy Swiss Chard
YIELD: 1 servings
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 25 min
- 1 large bunch of fresh Swiss chard.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 clove garlic, sliced.
- 2 tablespoons FreshZen Ginger Scallion pesto.
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon of whole coriander seeds (optional).
- Rinse out the Swiss chard leaves thoroughly.
- Either tear or cut away the thick stalks from the leaves.
- Cut the stalk pieces into 1-inch pieces.
- Chop the leaves into inch-wide strips.
- Keep the stalks and leaves separate.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic slices, crushed red pepper, and coriander seeds (if using), and cook for about 30 seconds, or until the ginger and garlic is fragrant.
- Add Swiss chard stalks.
- Lower the heat to low, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped leaves and toss with the oil and garlic in the pan.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Then turn the leaves and the stalks over in the pan.
- To test if the chard still needs a bit more cooking remove a piece and taste it, then cover and cook a few more minutes if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.