5 Minute Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Prep time | 5 m
Cook time | 5 m
Serves | 4
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp FreshZen Chilli Garlic
- 1 tbsp freshZen Ginger Scallion
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp of oil (avocado, canola, sunflower)
- 1.5 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp white wine
- handful chopped cilantro or arugula (optional for garnish )
- If using frozen shrimp, defrost in the refrigerator overnight. For quick defrosting, place shrimp in a colander and run cold water over until no longer icy, about 5 minutes.
- Thoroughly drain, and pat the shrimp dry using paper towels.
- Mix oyster sauce, FreshZen Chilli Garlic sauce, and black pepper in a small mixing bowl set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, freshZen Ginger Scallion until the edges are light golden, add the shrimp in a single layer.
- Cook without moving until shrimp turn pinkish on the bottom and start to curl about 1 minute.
- Pour wine and deglaze the skillet. Quickly flip and cook until pink and curled into a loose “C” shape, about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce mixture and cook another minute.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with cilantro or arugula
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.