Chinese New Year Lettuce Wraps
1 Boston or romaine lettuce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Freshzen Ginger scallion garlic pesto
1 pound ground chicken breasts
1 tablespoon freshZen chili garlic sauce
1 water chestnuts (canned, rinsed in warm running water, and diced)
1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 2 tablespoons water)
1 cup of bean sprouts1 cup of shredded carrots
For the Sauce:
1 tablespoon soy sauce, tamari
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sherry or white wine
1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash the lettuce, dry, and separate the leaves.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan on high heat.
- Add the freshZen ginger, scallion, garlic pesto and fry until the herbs are aromatic. Pro Tip: Cautions Dont not burn the pesto
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the freshZen chilli garlic sauce, water chestnuts, and celery to the frying pan.
- Add the sauce ingredients and cook at medium heat, Give the cornstarch/water mixture a quick restir and add to the
- sauce, stirring to thicken.
- Add the chicken back into the wok. Cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, stirring, to heat through and finish cooking the chicken.
- Lay out a lettuce leaf and spoon a heaping teaspoon of the chicken and vegetable/sauce mixture into the middle. Top w shredded carrots and bean sprouts.
- The lettuce wraps are designed to be eaten "taco-style," with the lettuce/chicken mixture folded into a package.
- Continue with the remainder of the chicken and lettuce leaves.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.