Thai Shrimp Curry
YIELD: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup thinly sliced onions, from one small onion
1/3 cup freshZen Ginger Scallion Pesto
2 1/2 tablespoons Thai green, red, or yellow curry paste
1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 pounds 21-25 or 31-35 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or Thai basil
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 minutes. If the onions start to brown, reduce heat.
- Add freshZen Ginger Scallion Pesto and curry paste of your choosing. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, fish sauce, and brown sugar and bring to a gentle boil. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and/or Thai basil. Serve with rice and lime wedges.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.