YIELD: 4 Servings PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK TIME: 40 mins TOTAL TIME: 50 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — or thighs (or a mix!)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper — thinly sliced
- 1 leek — thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 tablespoon freshZen Ginger Scallion pesto
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk — (14 ounces) (do not use light or the sauce won't thicken properly)
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro
- Prepared brown rice or sourdough for serving
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until deeply golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the bell pepper, leek, garlic, and ginger, and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir in the curry paste.
- Cook for 5 additional minutes, stirring often. Slowly pour in the coconut milk while stirring to combine. Return the reserved chicken to the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear (my smaller breasts were done closer to the 15-minute mark).
- Top with cilantro. Serve with rice and fresh sourdough bread for mopping up the sauce if desired.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.