Cauliflower Fried Rice
YIELD: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: About 15 min
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp FreshZen Ginger Scallion pesto (or chopped ginger)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, some finely chopped and some shredded for texture (about 2 carrots)
- 1 large red bell pepper of ½ yellow and ½ red pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (can make from a medium head of cauliflower in food processor)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use tamari if gluten sensitive)
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro, to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Pour beaten eggs into the pan. Stir eggs as they cook to keep them scrambled. Once eggs are cooked, set aside.
- Bring a large skillet to medium high heat. Add garlic and FreshZen Ginger Scallion pesto and oil. Stir until garlic and ginger start to brown and the aroma of garlic and ginger comes out.
- Add bell peppers, carrots, and cauliflower rice into the pan. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce or tamari, sesame oil, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and maple syrup. Stir until evenly combined.
- Taste and adjust sauce as needed. If you think the cauliflower rice needs more sodium, add salt and pepper.
- Mix the cooked scrambled eggs in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Remove cauliflower rice from heat. Garnish with cilantro. When rice has cooled, divide rice and plate.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.