Cantonese Steamed Romanesco
YIELD: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 8 min
TOTAL TIME: About 20 min
- 1 romanesco
- Thai bird chili or Holland chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use tamari if gluten sensitive)
- 3 Tbsp FreshZen Ginger Scallion pesto (or 2 scallions and fresh ginger, about 3 Tbsp julienned)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp oil
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions, green parts cut into 3-inch lengths (reserve some for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce or tamari, sugar, and sesame oil. Cut green parts of 3 scallions into 3-inch lengths by thinly slicing lengthwise.
- Lightly season skinless romanesco fillets with coarse salt and ground pepper. Spoon FreshZen Ginger Scallion pesto onto each fillet and scatter scallions around the romanesco fillets.
- Bring the steam basket in pan to a boil. Cover. Cook until romanesco is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Carefully remove the steam plate from the pot and drain any remaining water.
- In a small saucepan over medium to high heat, heat oil.
- Divide romanesco among 4 plates. Spoon soy or tamari mixture over each dish. Then spoon hot oil over each dish. Serve immediately with rice. Add scallions for garnish.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.