Roasted Squash Soup
YIELD: 4 servings
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
TOTAL TIME: 35 min
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- FreshZen garlic sauce
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2 cm (1 inch) chunks, seeds reserved
- 2 bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and cut in half
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch (2 cm) pieces
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp of each: ground cumin, paprika powder, salt, ground pepper,
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable stock*
- ¾ cup (200 mL) coconut milk
Roasted Squash Seeds:
- Squash seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- ¼ tsp of each: ground cumin, paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, fresh ground pepper
- Toss all the vegetables with the olive oil, FreshZen garlic sauce, and spices. Spread onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and cook at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes, or until the squash and carrots are tender enough to easily pierce with a fork. Toss the vegetables once or twice while they are baking.
- While the vegetables are roasting, clean off the butternut squash seeds, toss with oil and spices and bake on another parchment-lined baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes, until slightly golden and crunchy, toss once while they are cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- After the veggies have roasted, add them straight to a large pot on high heat along with the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Then blend using a blender. Reheat, serve with coconut cream and the roasted squash seeds, and enjoy! Garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley on top.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.